Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our Little Yogi

Mallory sporadically pulls out her kids yoga book and throws down some asana. Usually it's swan pose and deer pose and then she's off to do something else. But a little while ago Mallory asked me about some of my yoga gear and how to use it...and now I think she's hooked.

I showed her how to use my blocks to prepare for Tolasana. As you can see, she took this very seriously.

Moving into Virabhadrasana A. Note the David Swenson Ashtanga Manual next to her. Gone are the yoga postures shown in cartoon animal form in her kids book. She's into the real deal. Full breath, steady gaze...

Then she decided she was warm enough to move into some backbends. Cohen is pretty stoked at this point. He's really into heart openers.

Lion Pose. Of course she's a natural.
Ummm...Tiger pose? Whatever it is, it looks very therapeutic.
Cohen loves watching Mal do yoga and always has a few pointers for her...he's quite the yogi himself, he's been doing mom and baby yoga for like, 3 months.
So now she's moving on from the books and is into Eoinn Finn videos. This is a 50 minute practice called Twisted Sister....she stayed with it beginning to end. Seriously. I can't get her to brush her teeth for 2 minutes but she can stay on that mat for nearly an hour.
A bound version of Parsvakonasana. Most people bind around their thigh...but not Mal, she's new school.
And, at last, savasana. We did a practice together a few days later and when we went into savasana she reminded me to pretend my mat was a hammock.
I may not have given birth to her but that is definitely my little girl.

namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment