Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Shiny New Digs!

One of the last days in our condo. It served us well but with our family growing the possibility of moving into a bigger place went from a matter of convenience to a matter of maintaining our mental health. We had lots of help moving and, conveniently, much of our stuff was already in the garage next door to our new home. Handy!

Cohen is stoked about the move, although he wasn't overly helpful in the process. Unpacking is more his thing.



Our new place! Or the view from our front step to the neighbour's (AKA Mom & Dad's) driveway and two of the plow trucks Jesse has been running all winter. They're big and noisy and smelly but they're still Mallory's favourite way to get to school. And they pay them bills. It's been a fun new adventure for us. We have a love/hate relationship with the weather network. In my next life I'm going to be a weather person, you get to put up adorable graphics and there is no accountability whatsoever...you can be totally wrong every single day and no one questions you.


Okay, so my pics of the new place are a little lacking...but this is our dining room turned playplace. We spend many happy hours here.


I said the photos were lacking, but this is the livingroom mid move-in.


Cohen settled in pretty quickly. He's a big fan of the easy access to the cleaning supplies. Whenever I get out the vacuum he grabs the broom and follows me around with it. And he'll often bring out the vacuum and hold up the cord to me like, "C'mon mom, there's crumbs all over...get this thing going".


Closet space is glorious!! Huge closets everywhere! And pantries! It's heavenly.
Cohen has embraced the space and is constantly helping me to re-organize. What was I thinking? What a silly place for shoes, let's get these out of here.


Oop, she saw me!


So the time finally came where I had to let go of my son's Hercules-esque locks. We took him to Beaners. It was a big day. I totally did not cry because that would be a ridiculous thing to cry over.



How she cut his hair while his head was in constant motion, I have no idea. Best $16 I ever spent. Cohen loved the attention and, as usual, charmed anyone who dared look his way. He even sat still while she trimmed over his ears. What a good boy.


And handsome! Look at the little devil hiding under that mop!


Our kitchen. Cupboards, pantries and counter space, oh my! Cohen is playing with his favourite toy, the speaker for our ipod dock. It's durability is impressive.
Happiness is a snack.
Our backyard came with a trampoline! Thank you renters who move out of town and can't take trampolines with them! Mal and Cohen love it and when we get a little bit of sunshine it's warm enough to lose the socks.


Best ever.

We have a large window from the kitchen that look sback here so Mal can come out and jump around on her own. She practices her flips until she collapses.
Sometimes we all go out...and then Dad practices his flips until he collapses.


More to come! My dear brother was harassing me about an un-updated blog. So, in the spirit of sibling competition, I plan to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment