Friday, May 14, 2010

A Week of Days

RRRRoar! Cohen does his best tiger impression...and it looks like bad news for Melman the giraffe.


Next, the kind of photo that breaks a Momma's heart...and exists as proof to our neighbours that he actually sleeps.

I had to include this because I think these socks are so darn cute. Thanks Margaret.
He really doesn't spend his whole life in this swing, I swear. It's just nice because I can move it around so he can watch me cook or read the paper with me...and he has no choice but to look at the camera.


And proof I actually leave the house...concrete pouring day at the Switzers! Kind of like a barn raising in the city. I went along to help but all I really did was eat and whistle at my husband.


Cohen was stoked to watch daddy work. He was pretty happy as long as we didn't take him away from the window. Or set him down.


Grandma was in fine Grandma form, and Cohen loved every second. Is this a gorgeous picture or is this a gorgeous picture?

And then there's this one....good to be a baby...heck, good to be a Grandma.


Meanwhile, the boys continue to work...in the mud, as the pros call it.

Yup, that's my husband....pretty tough. You should see him open jars.

The work is almost done. I've had two cups of coffee, half a bag of doritos, a quarter turkey and several bowls of Borscht. I too, am almost done.

So then the concrete was all in place and looking totally perfect. But wait...Grandma is still in the house! So, after a few bad ideas were at last shot down, they back the truck up and make a ramp to the passenger seat. But before Grandma makes the trip she sends over her jug of pancake syrup and half a red cabbage ....haha...

Glen tests the bridge...and declares it safe for travel.

And after many tears of laughter are shed...Grandma is safe and ready to go home.



Later that same day (big day, eh?) I skip yoga to watch game 7, Pittsburgh vs. Montreal. This was supposed to be a really sweet picture of Daddy and Cohen watching hockey together...until Jesse decided to play zombie. He really plays a very convincing zombie.


For those of you who know Jesse...today (not the big day of concrete and play-offs but quite a lovely day just the same) was a momentous occasion. After months of mocking his beat-up phone it is finally headed to the cell phone graveyard. Not that vanity got the best of him...it finally got to the point where his phone would only stay on when it was plugged in. Not exactly mobile.

Not quite as momentous, but pretty darn cute...Cohen has clearly hit another growth spurt,as evidenced by his little feet sticking out the bottom of his sleepers.


And for my final picture....when your husband holds your son in such a way that you can feel their love and know that all is well and safe in your world...well, that's when you say a grateful prayer and ask to hold that tiny moment forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment